Vegan cannabis brownies are extremely easy and satisfying to make. They don’t need too much prep time, and they have a spectacular flavor and some really awesome mental effects, as well as being completely vegan.
Consuming cannabis in an edible form affects your body differently due a series of different processes. When you smoke, THC goes straight to your lungs and into your blood, making for an almost instant high. However if eaten the process is somewhat slower. THC has to go through your digestive system, and after a certain amount of time (45min to 1.30h) it gets transformed into 11-Hydroxy-THC. This substance is the most active part of THC, meaning that it has a much more potent effect than if you were to have smoked it.
We recommend not eating more than one portion and having some patience until the effects kick in, because if you decide to eat more to speed up the effect we can guarantee that you won’t have a good time at all.
Special Colorado ‘Catnip’ Vegan Edible Brownies
- 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/8 oz. marijuana, finely chopped or ground
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a 12-inch-by-17 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in large pan on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the marijuana and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until brown. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soy milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Strain the marijuana oil through a strainer or colander and add to the dry mixture, making sure that the marijuana remains in the strainer or colander.
- Mix in the other wet ingredients, followed by the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth out the top with a moistened spatula.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until surface cracks appear.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. The brownies will set as they cool. When completely cool, cut into squares.
Note: This recipe is for humans only. Also note: This recipe is for legally obtained marijuana. PETA does not condone the purchase or sale of illegal drugs.
Simple Vegan Edible Brownies
- 1 Cup of Cannabis-Infused Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¾ Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups of White Sugar
- 2 Cups of Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Big mixing bowl
- Baking pan 9” x 13”
- Baking pan
- To get going on this recipe for vegan-friendly weed brownies, you’re going to want to preheat your oven to 350°.
- Next, you’ll need to grab a fairly big mixing bowl. In that big mixing bowl, you’ll need to stir together your salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and flour.
- Once those ingredients are completely mixed in with one another, you can pour in your vanilla extract, water, and cannabis-infused vegetable oil.
- When all of those ingredients are fully blended, you can spread this newly-made batter into a baking pan. Try to use one that’s 9” x 13” in dimension.
- Then, when your oven reaches that desired temperature level, toss that baking pan in to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When you notice that the top of the baking pan is no longer sporting that shiny, glossy exterior, you can remove it from the oven
- Place the brownies on the counter to cool for roughly 10 minutes.
- After those 10 minutes, you can grab a knife, and proceed to cut these brownies into 16 evenly-sized squares, and that’s it, you’re done.
Vegan Edible Brownies with banana
Ingredients: (approximately 9 rations)
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 80g of coconut oil
- 30g of powdered cocoa, no sugar
- 50ml almond milk
- 45g ground almonds
- 2 bananas
- 1 spoonful of vanilla extract
- 10g of buds or 20g of resinous leaves
- To start making your delicious brownie, first you’ll have to preheat the oven to 180°.
- The next step is to place the chocolate, coconut oil and the completely ground up cannabis on a pan at low heat, stirring very slowly.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture has been made, take it off of the heat and add the cocoa powder, stirring slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, ground almonds, bananas and the vanilla extract and mix well (you can use a mixer) until the mixture is even.
- Cover your baking tin in baking paper, put your brownie mixture into the tin and stick it in the oven for 30 minutes (this may depend on the type of oven you are using, check your brownies periodically)
- After taking it out of the oven, let it cool for a good amount of time; if consumed hot, it might not sit well with your stomach.
Vegan Edible Brownies with walnut
- Food Processor
- Baking sheet, lined
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Cannabis Oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Use the food processor to pulse rolled oats and walnuts into a powder.
- Add dates, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, Coconut Cannabis Oil and salt; process until everything is mixed together.
- Transfer raw canna-brownie mix to lined baking sheet. Press batter down to flatten and shape. Rest brownies in fridge for a few hour to set.
- Mix almond butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder together. Spread glaze on top of chilled brownies before serving.
Now you have a batch of Vegan Brownies that taste just as amazing as their butter-filled counterpart.